Effective Date: April 27, 2023
Information We Collect
When you visit or interact with our website, we may collect two types of information:
- Identifying Personal Information – This refers to information that can be used to identify you as an individual. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Credit card information (when making a donation or purchasing items from our online store)
- Non-Identifying Personal Information – This refers to information that cannot be used to identify you as an individual. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- IP address
- Pages viewed on our website
- Time and date of visit
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process donations, purchases, or other transactions
- To respond to inquiries and provide customer support
- To send newsletters, updates, or promotional materials (with your consent)
- To improve our website, services, and user experience
- To maintain the security and integrity of our website
Our website uses third-party cookies for analytics and social media purposes. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use our website and to improve its performance. We may also include social media widgets, such as Facebook or Twitter buttons, to enable you to share content from our website. These third-party services may also collect non-identifying personal information when you interact with their widgets. We recommend reviewing the privacy policies of these third-party services to understand how they collect and use your information.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for sensitive data transmission
- Secure storage of sensitive data
- Restricted access to personal information only to employees who require it for their job duties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your identifying personal information to third parties without your consent, except as required by law, to comply with a legal process, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of congressionalcemetery.org, its users, or the public.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect identifying personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13, please contact us so we can remove this information from our records.
1801 E Street, SE
Washington, D.C. 20003
Phone: (202) 543-0539