Historic Congressional Cemetery preserves, promotes, and protects our historic and active burial ground. We respectfully celebrate the legacy of those interred here through education, historic preservation, community engagement, and environmental stewardship.
- Burial sites are still available to the general public.
- Congressional Cemetery is open to the public everyday from dawn to dusk. Unless special circumstances require it, we do not allow cars to drive in, but welcome visitors to walk around the grounds and explore the history that is here.
- Tour groups are welcome. We do ask however that the group organizer or tour guide call our office to alert us to your arrival and to confirm that there are no special events scheduled that may conflict with your visit. Our office number is 202-543-0539.
- We are a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit who realizes its mission in large part through charitable donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations. Your donation is tax deductible according to Federal law. Please donate today!
- Partial funding for the preservation and maintenance of Historic Congressional Cemetery is provided by the 1998 Congressional Cemetery Endowment, which was created with matching funds provided by the Congress of the United States and administered by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- HCC rents the 35 acre site from the owner, Christ Church Washington Parish.