The purpose of the day pass program is to allow community members to periodically experience the grounds with their dogs for recreation. Non-member dog walking is only permitted with the purchase of a one-day pass ($15 per dog). Day passes are valid only for the date on which they are purchased. The cemetery is open to the public from dawn to dusk.
We are closed to all dogs during:
- Private & community events
- Each Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for family grave site visits
- Federal holidays
Day passes can be purchased onsite using one of our contactless payment options below:
Venmo – @CongCemetery
PayPal – @CongCemetery
Square – https://bit.ly/HCCSquare
Day Pass Holders MUST:
- Report all incidents that take place on the grounds, no matter how small or insignificant you may think the incident is. Staff will follow up with your incident report and it will be sent to the K9 committee, a part of the cemetery’s Board of Directors, for review.
- Sign a waiver form to dog walking privileges. The waiver can be signed online or can be printed via the link below and brought with you the day you visit. Waivers must be signed annually and expire at the end of each calendar year.
- Adhere to and follow the same K9 Corps rules. By not adhering to the rules, your dog walking privileges will be revoked.
Need to know when we are closed to dogs? Text DOG to 515-608-8682 to receive our text alerts.
Want to know more about our upcoming K9 events? Sign up for our mailing list here: